EXPERIENCED TEAM READY TO HELP
We understand the challenges our clients are facing, and we know how to secure results on their behalf.
WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS YOU WIN
We charge our clients nothing until we secure them a financial recovery.
LOCAL LAWYER IN AUGUSTA, GA
Not only is our practice based in Augusta, so are we. We live right where our clients are.
Let Us Help You
When you lose a loved one to a drowning accident, it may be difficult to decide what to do next. In some cases accidental drowning may be a result of negligence and appropriate legal action is necessary. Our Augusta personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation in the case of a drowning accident.
We Represent Your Interests
Dealing with the pain and loss of a family member due to a fatal drowning can be emotionally draining. Seeking legal counsel with M. Austin Jackson Attorney at Law can help ease some of your burdens. Our priority in a devastating, accidental drowning case is to seek compensation that enables your family to move forward without having to worry about finances.
MOST FREQUENT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
No two cases are quite alike. The amount of financial compensation available in your claim will depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to):
- The severity of your injuries
- The nature of any other damages you might be able to claim
- The number of parties liable
- Whether you were partially at fault too (note that this is not a bar to recovering money in many cases)
- The relevant insurance policy limits
- Any statutory caps or limitations that might apply
- All the other factors and circumstances surrounding your claim.
We understand, however, that your potential for financial recovery is an important part of your decision about whether to take legal action. We also understand how important that money is to you and your family — you’ve suffered real losses, you may have missed work, you have bills to pay, and so on.
While no one can promise specific results in advance, what we can offer you is a free, no-obligation consultation with our Augusta personal injury lawyer. Call us or contact us online, tell us about your situation, and we can help you learn more about the damages you might be entitled to.
We can also tell you how much money people with similar claims have recovered in Georgia in the past.
In some cases, you may be entitled to much more money than you realize. For that reason, it is important to discuss your claim closely (and confidentially) with an experienced attorney before making any decisions about your legal rights.
When swimming, increase your safety by following these tips:
- Swimming skills – increasing your basic knowledge of swimming can help prevent swimming accidents
- Wear a life jacket – children and adults with poor swimming abilities should wear a life jacket when engaging in water sports or activities
- Learn CPR – in the event of an emergency every second is crucial. Know how to resuscitate someone can save the life of a drowning victim
- Avoid alcohol consumption – drinking alcohol may delay or impair your ability to recognize or respond to risks in the water
You may be entitled to compensation in instances where the accidental drowning occurred at these locations:
- Hotels, water parks, apartment complex
- Spa or hot tub
- Beach or lake
- Summer camps
Going swimming comes with inherent risks that can be severe or even fatal. One of those risks is a serious injury as a result of near-drowning or drowning. Fatal injuries can occur when going swimming, visiting the beach or lake, or taking a boat out on the water.
There is a stubborn myth out there that personal injury lawyers are unaffordable. On the contrary, hiring an Augusta auto accident lawyer at M. Austin Jackson Attorney at Law won’t cost you anything up front at all.
Our office represents injury victims on a contingency fee basis. That means we don’t charge you anything for our legal services unless we are ultimately successful in getting you money.
If we do succeed, our fee is only a percentage of your recovery. If we don’t succeed, you don’t have to pay us one penny — we take the risk of losing so that you don’t have to risk anything at all. This gives us an incentive to fight hard for our clients, and we think it shows: in the majority of our cases, we have gotten a fair settlement for our clients without having to go to court. (That said, we are prepared to take our clients’ cases to trial if that’s what true justice requires.)
Additionally, we offer an initial, no-obligation consultation at no cost whatsoever — even if you ultimately choose not to hire us. It’s your chance to get preliminary answers to your questions, as well as a general understanding of your rights under Georgia personal injury law.
In many cases, we are also able to advance any costs of litigation so that you don’t have to pay anything upfront in order to pursue the justice you deserve.
- You went the extra mile to help get my life back on track. Having a great lawyer like you put all my worries away.
- If you are injured and need a real lawyer, not a television lawyer, then call Mr. Austin Jackson.
- In trial (which we won!), I felt comfortable, informed, and ready. He did a great job…all the way to the bank!