EXPERIENCED TEAM READY TO HELP
We understand the challenges our clients are facing, and we know how to secure results on their behalf.
WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS YOU WIN
We charge our clients nothing until we secure them a financial recovery.
LOCAL LAWYER IN AUGUSTA, GA
Not only is our practice based in Augusta, so are we. We live right where our clients are.
Let Us Help You
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Augusta motorcycle accident attorney M. Austin Jackson can take the headache out of filing a claim and fight to help you get maximum compensation.
Unfortunately, many seriously injured riders are denied the payment they’re owed by the insurance company. You should know that you have no obligation to accept an insurance company’s first offer. Instead, call our team today for a no-cost, no-obligation case assessment.
We Represent Your Interests
When you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident you can place your trust in Augusta motorcycle accident lawyers. With decades of experience and a primary focus on motor vehicle accidents, we are equipped to take care of all your legal needs.
MOST FREQUENT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
No two cases are quite alike. The amount of financial compensation available in your claim will depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to):
- The severity of your injuries
- The nature of any other damages you might be able to claim
- The number of parties liable
- Whether you were partially at fault too (note that this is not a bar to recovering money in many cases)
- The relevant insurance policy limits
- Any statutory caps or limitations that might apply
- All the other factors and circumstances surrounding your claim.
We understand, however, that your potential for financial recovery is an important part of your decision about whether to take legal action. We also understand how important that money is to you and your family — you’ve suffered real losses, you may have missed work, you have bills to pay, and so on.
While no one can promise specific results in advance, what we can offer you is a free, no-obligation consultation with our Augusta personal injury lawyer. Call us or contact us online, tell us about your situation, and we can help you learn more about the damages you might be entitled to.
We can also tell you how much money people with similar claims have recovered in Georgia in the past.
In some cases, you may be entitled to much more money than you realize. For that reason, it is important to discuss your claim closely (and confidentially) with an experienced attorney before making any decisions about your legal rights.
Perhaps you’ve been told that hiring an attorney is expensive. This is a common myth in the world of personal injury law. In truth, hiring an Augusta motorcycle accident lawyer at M. Austin Jackson Attorney at Law won’t cost you anything upfront.
Our office represents injury victims on a contingency fee basis. We don’t charge you anything for our legal services unless we get you money.
If we win you compensation, our fee is only a percentage of your recovery. If we don’t succeed, you don’t have to pay us one penny — we take the risk of losing so that you don’t have to. In most of our cases, we have gotten a fair settlement for our clients without having to go to court. However, we are prepared to take our clients’ cases to trial if that’s what true justice requires.
Our team also offers free consultations, and you have no obligation to hire us. It’s your chance to discuss your case with an experienced legal team and learn more about your rights.
The insurance company isn’t on your side. No matter what their TV commercials say, they are looking out for their own wallets, not yours.
Here’s what you need to know about settlement offers from insurance companies:
• They may significantly undervalue your damages. Insurance companies are notorious for making “lowball” settlement offers. This is often part of a strategy to pressure victims into taking less than they deserve to minimize their own financial exposure.
• Once you accept the offer, you can never ask for more money. Accepting a settlement offer requires signing a binding “mutual release agreement,” which courts will generally uphold. Unfortunately, car crash victims will sometimes take the settlement and then realize later that they have more medical bills than they realized — or that their injuries are more serious and involve more complications than doctors suspected. For these reasons, it’s never a good idea to take a settlement offer too soon without consulting an attorney first.
• Settlement offers may be better for the insurance company than they are for you. Insurance companies do not make settlement offers out of the goodness of their hearts. They do it through careful calculation and by using formulas designed to save themselves money.
We understand that it can be tempting to take a settlement offer right away — it might feel like you’re “turning down money” if you say “no,” and that’s hard to do. But you may be able to recover even more money. That’s why it is important to talk with an Augusta motorcycle accident lawyer first. Make sure your decision is a fully informed one.
A leading cause of motorcycle accidents is driver distraction. Whether a driver is talking on the phone or texting, a lapse in awareness can cause severe injury to a motorcyclist.
Although you can’t control the actions of other drivers, you can minimize your chance of an accident by following these steps:
• Wear a helmet
• Wear protective gear, such as a riding jacket, pants, gloves, and boots
• Don’t drink and ride
• Don’t share lanes
• Be aware of your surroundings and other drivers
• Know your skill level
Despite your best efforts, you may still be injured in a crash. In these situations, it is best to document all aspects of the accident and seek legal counsel for possible compensation.
As a motorcycle enthusiast you are more likely to be involved in an accident in the following scenarios:
- Left-hand turn – one of the most common motorist accidents. A driver making a left may not see you and suddenly turn into your path.
- Lane splitting – riding in-between lanes can be a risky maneuver for motorcyclists when auto drivers are not anticipating you passing and when the distance between vehicles is narrow.
- Excessive speed – speeding on highways or streets can be a leading cause of a motorcycle injury when reaction times are greatly reduced. The faster you are going in a crash the higher the likelihood of a more severe injury or fatality.
- Intersections – the size and profile of a motorcycle makes it more difficult for automobile drivers to see you on the road. This can lead to cars changing into your lane or cutting you off at a right-hand turn.
- Wear a helmet
- Wear protective clothing
- Don’t drink and operate a motorcycle
- Don’t share lanes
- Be aware of your surroundings and other drivers
- Know your skill level
Despite your best efforts accidents do occur. In these situations, it is best to document all aspects of the accident and seek legal counsel for possible compensation.
- You went the extra mile to help get my life back on track. Having a great lawyer like you put all my worries away.
- If you are injured and need a real lawyer, not a television lawyer, then call Mr. Austin Jackson.
- In trial (which we won!), I felt comfortable, informed, and ready. He did a great job…all the way to the bank!
Contact an Augusta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today!
Motorcyclists are often treated unfairly by insurance companies. Don’t let an insurance company or anyone else tell you what your case is worth. Talk to Augusta motorcycle accident attorney M. Austin Jackson today to schedule a free case review.